Labour Hire now licensed in Queensland


Labour Hire now licensed in Queensland – tell backpackers NOW!

Labour hire licensing laws have recently been introduced in Queensland, meaning that any Labour Hire companies (often know as contractors) must be licensed to operate in Queensland. So if you are offered a job in Queensland with a contractor you can either ask for a copy of their Labour Hire License, or check on-line to see if they are licensed –

The Labour Hire Licensing Compliance Unit works in partnership with other agencies to protect labour hire workers from being: treated unfairly; underpaid; stopped from taking leave or adequate breaks from work; given unsatisfactory equipment to do their job; made to work in unsatisfactory health and safety conditions; housed in sub-standard accommodation; transported in unsafe vehicles; threatened; bullied or subjected to violence or intimidation.

If you have concerns or information about mistreatment by contractors operating in Queensland without a licence or a business using an unlicensed labour hire provider, you can:

Report the problem through the online Report a problem form.

Call 1300 576 088 from within Australia, to report your problem in confidence.

Report a problem by making an anonymous report.

Operating hours are 9.00am – 4.30pm, Monday-Friday except public holidays.

International callers can report a problem on +617 3874 2280.

Labour Hire Licensing is being introduced in Victoria and is expected to be up and running by mid-2019.

Source: NHLIS newsletter


No Very


{module_referreraddress,,Go Back}

Jobs and Latest News

Apples and Pears Image

Latest news on jobs and travel around Australia

If you have any news regarding backpacker jobs around Australia please drop us a line and we will share it with fellow travellers. Happy travelling!!!!

Latest News

SKYCITY Darwin casual workers wanted

Labour Hire now licensed in Queensland SKYCITY Darwin casual workers wanted


    View more travel jobs

    Need Visa Information

    Passport image

    Need a visa for Australia
    WHV's can ONLY be applied for; before arriving in Australia. Working Holiday Visa's* can only be granted before you arrive in Australia. For details about applying visit Australia's official website here ( or visit a Travel Agent or an Australian Embassy or Consulate in the country you are in.

    Read More


    Need Superannuation Information

    If your monthly wage is more than $A450, your employer must contribute an additional sum equal to 9.5% of your wage into a superannuation (pension) account for you. If you entered Australia on an eligible temporary resident visa you can, in most cases, access your contributions when you leave Australia, although the contributions will be taxed.

    Read More